11.05.2008

WDW Day 5-10 Part 1
















Sorry it has taken me a while to finish this blog.....
Well we pretty much spent the rest of our Walt Disney World vacation at Animal Kingdom. What an AMAZING park! It's like walking through the best zoo you've ever been to & getting to ride some of the best rides you've ever been on.
Adam's new all time favorite: Mt. Everest roller coaster. It goes forwards and backwards! That's where he got the t-shirt that says "Scream like a Girl", on clearance too, that's my boy!
Dinosaur: the scariest ride ever! I'm afraid of dinosaurs and this was tops for me. Dinos chasing you and breathing their hot breath on you! Yikes! It was also the funnest ride ever with the family. This is the only ride where we purchased the Disney photo they take of you at the scariest moment of the ride. I wish I could post the image, maybe Dave can help me with that. Anyway, at the end of the ride a gigantic dino, just like the fossil above, jumps out at you and breaths hot air on you like it's going to eat you.....& then they snap a photo! So Adam, Bethanne, Rachel, & I are in the front seat with Dave behind us. I have my head down clenching the handle bars, you can't even see my face because my hair is covering it, Beth & Rach are basically in my lap looking at the dino and screaming their heads off, & Adam, well...he's completely missing! All you can see is the blue strip from the back of his shirt....he had folded himself in half and could be barely seen! And Dave, he's like "this is so cool!!" The photo shop lady laughed her head off!
Animal Kingdom is beautiful. Everywhere you look there is a habitat for an endangered species. The best bird shows & an endangered animal safari right in the center. Have you ever been to Disneyland in California? If you have this will help you understand just how big Walt Disney World is. Animal Kingdom is 1 of 6 parks. You can fit Disneyland in the safari Sahara of Animal Kingdom!!!!
As you can tell from the pictures the last 5 days also included rain. We made the best of it and had a blast. On the worst day, at Animal Kingdom, we were in our ponchos eating snacks under the plastic. At some spots the water was up to my ankles! The rain is warm there not like here in Washington, so you could just hang out and have fun. Almost like playing in the bath!
On the last day of our trip we park hopped and went to all of our favorite rides before heading home to good ole' Spokaloo....it's was FREEZING! Hard to go from 89 degrees to 45!
All in all the BEST vacation we have ever taken as a family. A once in a lifetime vacation...actually, I hope it's not, it would be nice to go again!
FYI: we drank 100 liters of water while we were there & my hair was curly at the ends!

No comments: