9.23.2009

Wildflowers of Glacier National Park


"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." Matthew 6: 28 & 29

Wildflowers and WILD kids!
Wild Chives (purple tops, very yummy too) and Orchids

This photo is special to me. I took it because of it's symbolism for our family. This plant with it's 5 leaves was growing out of the crack of this huge chunk of rock. This huge rock is situated right next to this massive waterfall. The leaves reminded me of the 5 of us clinging to our Rock, the Lord Jesus Christ. "The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2


Indian Paintbrush (pink/red)


Fields of Alpine Daisey and Balsam Root (yellow)


Monkey Flower (pink)


Bear Grass. This flower was taller than me!


Yellow Columbine


1 comment:

dana kangas said...

These pictures are amazing, Steph...I especially like the 5 leaves in the rock. Very cool!!!