12.04.2008

5479 Days!


Today is our 15th Wedding Anniversary! Whoopee!
We had a wonderful time this evening reminiscing about the years gone by. I am SO thankful to the Lord for bringing this man into my life. To be my very best friend, companion, lover, mentor & head of our home.
When you've been together as long as we have, & you write stuff down, you begin to really see the "Big Picture" and it's very cool.
In the last 15 years.....
Dave survived a major auto accident
gotten in 4 fender benders
had 4 ER visits
got braces (me)
survived unemployment with a child
had a cholecystectomy, rhinoplasty, tonsillectomy, & abdominal reconstruction followed by a vasectomy!
remodeled, on our own, 2200 square feet
bought and paid off 6 vehicles
3 speeding tickets
visited 9 countries
had 3 different gym memberships
helped save a mans life
been apart, at one time, for 50 days
made it through 12 years of my sickness
made it through a failed personal business
on our 3rd camera
payed off Gonzaga University student loans
home schooled, collectively, for 17 years
helped start a church
4 trips to Disney
helped a family member start a restaurant
had 3 kids within 23 months
had 3 kids in diapers for over a year
helped a man in Africa financially so he could take care of his parents & get married. He later named his first son David.
had no cable TV for over 10 years
mourned the loss of a beloved friend
been debt free 3 times (3rd time must be the charm!)
bought 2 diamond wedding rings
only made one 911 call
lived with a family member
lived in 6 homes
took 1 severance package
worked (Dave) approximately 7500 hrs. of OT
& it goes on & on & on........
The most BEAUTIFUL part is how I can look back over the years and see the LORDS HAND on our lives. We've gone through many difficult times but we have also been able to enjoy so many wonderful blessed times. They all add up to OUR LIVES. Our lives orchestrated by HIS loving hands.
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you," says the Lord, "thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
PS~ Dave bought me the wool sweater I am wearing in the picture on our honeymoon. I wear it every anniversary!

2 comments:

LAURA said...

Happy anniversary you little lovebirds. Guess that makes it 4,745 days for Todd and I. When you put it that way it sounds like a really, really long time that we've been putting up with Dave.
JK, have to give him a hard time, it's expected at this point. Love you both and hope the next 15 years don't include near as many surgeries.

Autumn Terrill said...

Wow, that's a cool way to consider all that the years hold! I think I will use this idea next anniversary. I better start thinking now!