8.22.2008

Entertaining Angels "Old Man"

I ran into McDonalds yesterday because I had to pee really bad. I've made it a habit, when I make eye contact with a stranger, to make sure I look at them and smile.
This really old guy was coming out of the men's restroom. He was hunched over clutching the wall and moving about .10 mph! He was wearing all khaki colors with off white shoes & his head was covered in golden white hair. As I approached him, men's restroom on my left & ladies on my right, he looked up and I gave him a big smile. Just as I reached for the restroom door handle he yells, "That's the wrong one!!!!" or something like that. He made me jump and my heart skip a beat & I whipped around to look at him. There he was all a grin, pointing his finger at me saying "HA HA....I got you!!!!"

My Angel taught me today that no matter how old & handicapped you are, you still have LIFE in you.

1 comment:

Autumn Terrill said...

That was so cool. I also do that when making eye contact with strangers. Somehow it feels good to share the love of Jesus with my face...so simple, but really, how many people ever really smile anymore. Do you notice that people are often almost surprised that you are smiling at them?