8.03.2008

My Sister


Yoda....Norna Noo Noo....Laura. My sister. I believe I have loved you before you were even born. Remember mom said I used to call you "My Baby!" I remember all the wonderful times we had growing up. Worm races, Pointy Head, wood cutting, Tacos and Drumsticks (with extra fiber), Disneyland, sleeping together, Steal Magnolias and The Cutting Edge, the Red Room, Othello, jumping off Grandpa's back, Serenity, Dial-A-Bike, Calico Ghost Town, hide-n-seek in the woods, lighting dad's newspaper on fire, that food fight!, moving to WA, rolling in the mud with mom,.....so many memories! I remember all the wonderful times we've had since we've grown up. Disneyland (yes it IS the most wonderful place on earth), Christmas', weddings, teaching you how to go through drive-thrus, being outside the hospital room when our first babies were born, surprise birthday parties, tree hunting, sleeping together at retreats, Food Network, all the little bakeries on the South Hill, trips to CO, running errands together, salmon fishing....again so many memories.

I have made it my mission in life to protect you and take care of you. Which translated bossy a lot of the time.....K! I remember having dreams about beating people up at school because they were bothering you. Remember when I risked my own life to get you away from that doberman pincher who just had puppies behind the dumpster?! But with all of that, and even though you're a woman now, I still want to protect you and take care of you. But I can't do it like I used to. That's why I pray for you. That you will be and continue to become the women that God created you to be. That HE would protect you and take care of you. That HE would boss you around if you need it! heehee That HE would be your everything. That I wouldn't hold on so tight. That I would realize that you are HIS BABY!

Love you Sis

3 comments:

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Woo hoo for sisters! This is Danika, and I was in Washington this weekend and I happened to see your Mom. She gave me your blog address. It is great to see pictures of your kids. I haven't seen them since they were very little. :) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

As I told your sis, you and she have made your 'ole mom so very proud. Your dad and I are so blessed by Jesus to have such godly women for daughterr, and oh, how I do love you!!
xoxox

Anonymous said...

I think we both forgot to mention "Big Trouble in Little China" - one of our greatest hits:-) I love you, probably more thann you know, and you can boss me around any time you want.