9.08.2008

Our Weekend to Remember


Wow! I am still on cloud 9....no maybe cloud 10!

Last week we found ourselves looking ahead to a weekend without the kids (thank you G & G Ruff!) so we decided to head to Sandpoint, Idaho, and stay up at the lodge at Schweitzer again.

Road trips are always awesome for My Man & I. We love to talk together. Usually these are the times we make large decisions for our family as well as spending time exhorting & encouraging one another. The Lord has been so good to us. We also spent time thanking Him and talking about Him, His Word, & His people (you!).

Friday night was hard because I got sick. I must have gotten into one of my intolerances at lunch. We went to Mizuna, which is the only place I can eat at, and I've never gotten sick there before. I knew it was my intolerance & not food poisoning because I get a massive migraine and nausea until around 4 am. It's like clock work. With that horrible evening aside we drove down the mountain Saturday to the little town of Sandpoint, parked at the public beach.....& rode bikes all day! Now this may not seem to be a big deal, but IT IS! I have not done anything like this since I was 16 or so. That's the last time I rode my/a bike. (My Mom melted it! That's a story for another blog!) And most of you know that the last 15 years I've either been with little kids OR really sick OR spent money on bikes for kids! My Man bought me a new bike a couple weeks ago & this was my first bike trip. We had so much fun! I really felt free & healty again which is SO awesome for me. Saturday night we headed back to Spokane for church and then headed back to Sandpoint after. That night was much nicer. Jacuzzi, home-made hummus pizzas in our room, little glass of wine....it was amazing. Sunday we drove down the mountain, & quess what? We rode bikes all day! We rode around Sandpoint and then headed south towards Couer d'Alene. We stopped at Round Lake state park and biked around the whole lake. You should have seen the hills I climbed! Then we drove farther and visited Farragut state park and biked around there. We continued to Couer d'Alene and again, rode our bikes all around.
Absolutely wonderful! And I'm only slightly sore today.

Highlights:
Lunch by the Statue of Liberty with our feet in the lake
Racing Dave to the Sub, I lost of course!
The weather was superb. Low 70's and sunny!
Fish Hatchery
Talking politics
Sandpoint Farmer's Market. We had Italian green beans for a snack. Fresh picked, sweet, crunchy & about 10 inches long! No kidding. We shared them with some kids riding bikes that were very curious as to what we were eating.
Fake waterfall we drove to see
The views
Getting locked out of the resort and our room. Our room keys got deactivated while we were in the pool so we had to walk around in our robes until we could get back in.
Fart Bikers. Someone had made a stencil of "gas" and spray painted "farts" coming out the backside of all of the painted road symbols for Bike Lane!
"Freds"
We live in a beautiful part of the country!
Sipping mint tea
Bike jumps
LOVE
Having My Man say he was so proud of me!
Thank you Lord for My Weekend to Remember!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had such fun. I laughed when I remembered your old bike.....again, I am sorry.LOL
Love Mommy