9.03.2008

Polka Dot Milkshakes




The last couple of months I've taken my niece & nephew out, in turn, with my kids for a special day with Aunt Stephy & the Cousins. This month it was Miss Bean's turn. First we went to a home school book fair at the Library & bought some books. She bought Berenstein Bears & I bought Abeka Science. She wanted to paint so I took her to Polka Dot Pottery. "Pokery Pottery" as she calls it. She and the girls had a great time painting ceramic. I tried really hard to steer Miss Bean in the right direction. Her mom doesn't know it yet, but I kept Miss Bean from making her a clown she had told me about....my sister hates clowns! Actually I do too, I believe everyone has reason to be afraid of clowns! Anyway.....She also had a hard time resisting the urge to mix paint. What kid doesn't. They don't care if it turns out grey/brown! Afterwards we went to the Little Garden Cafe and the girls had milkshakes. When all was said and done we had a wonderful day filled with lots of fun, laughter, & a sugar high!

No comments: