9.16.2008

Prayer Cards




Sometimes I find that I need many things "organized" in my life. My prayer life has been one of those areas at times.


With a busy household and lots of things to talk to the Lord about, I felt it necessary to make Prayer Cards as helpful reminders. Occasionally I'd feel as if I was praying the same prayers over & over again or forgetting to pray about specific areas of my life or the life of others. These have helped me stay focused in my time with the Lord & I find that the days prayer card reminders stick with me throughout the day. I am reminded more often to pray about specific people, circumstances and areas.


This is my version 2.0 that I wanted to share with you! I will hang this on my bedside lamp shade. I like to pray in the morning before I leave my room while I'm still in bed.


My Prayer Cards include every day of the week. Monday is Dave, then Tuesday is the kids, Wednesday our family/home, Thursday my extended family, Friday my church family, Saturday our world, and Sunday me. Each card has the topic of that day's prayers as well as being broken down into more specific areas. One example is the kids: their physical protection, spiritual protection, health, spiritual growth, future spouses, & future plans. Another example is the world: neighbors, community, city, state, nation, world, & our Leaders.


I printed each day onto an 8 1/2 X 11 piece of cute paper using a business card sized template on a computer program I have. I also printed a cover card. Then I went to Kinko's and laminated them inside luggage tags. Kinko's provides assorted clips to choose from also. I chose a name badge holder clip. The whole set of Prayer Cards cost me $12.


2 comments:

Jen and Ryan said...

I just stumbled onto your blog because you have a favorite book as one of my friends. Anyway. I just wanted to let you know that I think that is really cool. I try to stay organized and made myself a little prayer journal to keep me on track. I'm a teacher and I do something similar to your prayer cards with emergency contact info. :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea, I think I will try this too....hope that is okay with you.
Love Mommy